Gift Ideas for Seniors
The season of giving is approaching fast. Do you struggle to purchase meaningful gifts for the senior in your life? What do you buy for the person who has everything? How about the person who says they want nothing. This month, we are sharing ideas for gifts.
Beyond the Fruit of the Month Club
There are many choices now for gifts that continue to give throughout the year. Here are some ideas:
- Monthly subscriptions
- Housekeeper service- hire a housekeeper to clean one or two times a month
- Snow removal, fall clean up and general maintenance- provide or hire someone to complete these services.
- Monthly floral delivery
- Meal subscriptions
Meaningful Gift Cards
Gift cards can be a great way to share your love with someone. Popular gift cards include:
- Grocery stores- Lund’s, Aldi, Trader Joe all offer a smaller store footprint making it easier to navigate the shopping experience.
- Salon or Barber- Almost everyone needs haircuts and other services.
- Pedicures or Manicures- Even men enjoy having a foot soak!
- Coffee Shops
- Create your own certificate for transportation or other personalized experiences
Do you have 1000’s of photos on your phone waiting to be shared? Create one of these gifts:
- Photo calendar
- Hard covered photo album
- Coffee mugs
- Key chains
- Mouse pad
Gifts of Technology
Is there someone in your life who loves or is curious about technology. Try one of these great ideas:
- Roomba Vacuum
- Tablet- iPad, Samsung, Kindle, Grandpad device
- Video doorbell
- Security camera
One of the greatest gifts is time spent together. Here is a short list of ideas for spending meaningful time:
- Family vacation
- Day trip
- Concert tickets
- Theater tickets
- Go to a movie
It is important to remember that giving be done from the heart. It is not about the money spent. The most meaningful gifts are the memories we create. May you and your family treasure the time spent together this holiday season. Time is the greatest gift you can give.